We have made deploying a smart contract a one-click simple user experience for the artists. Deploying the contracts cost gas fees which is about $5-$20 depending on the Ethereum network activity. You can track time with lowest gas price to deploy a contract on Etherscan.
You can deploy a new smart contract here. After minting the contract, please share Etherscan link or contract address to our team.
- Visit verse.works/contracts
- Connect your artist wallet (Metamask, WalletConnect, etc)
- Enter collection name
- Click deploy and confirm wallet transaction
We have adopted simple, audited contract designed by OpenZeppelin with few additions
- EIP2981 Royalty Standard
- Role to mint NFTs (temporarily granted to Verse)
- Role to manage IPFS gateway (temporarily granted to Verse)
- Before the sale project is deployed to IPFS by Verse. With each new mint a metadata file is generated and uploaded to IPFS.
- It is possible by the artist to overwrite base directory in the contract allowing to fix any issues with the code or metadata in the future.
Removing minting permission
After the sale you should remove Verse permission to mint NFTs into the contract. To do so
- Go to your contract page on Etherscan
- Click "Write Contract"
- Click "Connect to Web3" and connect your wallet
- Scroll down to find section
setMintingManagerand set address to null address
0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000as in the example below.
After these steps no one can mint NFTs to this contract. As a contract owner you are able to change this address again later in the future if you'd like. Feel free to get in touch if you'd like help with this step.